One of the most basic ingredients that are present in any “Indian” kitchen is turmeric known as “Curcuma longa” or “Haridra” in Sanskrit. The whole plant is edible, but the actual extract or powder is prepared out of the rhizome, which is dried and ground to a yellow powder. Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for over 5,000 years.
It has been a primary ingredient in Indian cooking and has been known for its antibiotic, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergy properties.
Mix 1/8 tsp. turmeric in ½ cup water and 1 cup milk
Boil water and turmeric in small saucepan over medium-high heat for 8 minutes. Boil milk in another pan. Remove from heat and combine the turmeric and milk. Once the solution is warm, add honey to taste and its ready to drink.
Consumption: It is advisable to drink it before going to bed.
• Mild colds and flu’s
• Prevents seasonal allergies
• Pain due to headaches, sprains, bruises and other sports-related injuries
• Creaky or Stiff Joints due to arthritis and other joint diseases
• Strengthen bones
• Fight free radicals that cause damage to skin cells and make your skin lose elasticity
• Lowers LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels
• Combat Diarrhea
• Slows the growth of cancer cells and new tumor blood vessels
So do not forget to drink a glass of turmeric milk before going to bed.
Note: Turmeric consumption should be made in moderation, as it causes body heat. In case of medical conditions please consult your physician before going for any of the above home remedies.
- Blockchain, Karma and our first NFT.
- Level 3+ Reiki Raja Yoga Retreat coming up
- Imagine …
- Love Cows, Save Cows
- Happy New Year 2022!